Here's how my kitchen looked after I repainted it Martha Stewart's "Chinchilla":
It's OK but I don't love it, I'm just living with it. Oh, and don't mind the awful blue mini blinds, I have a white replacement shade I just haven't put up yet.
Here's my kitchen before I painted it "Chinchilla":
I don't remember the name of the color but it was a delicious charcoal gray that I LOVED but at night, the kitchen kind of felt like a cave. Maybe if the cabinets were all white, it wouldn't have been as dark...
So here's a run down of what I've been thinking:
- Paint the cabinets white to help lighten up the space (no budget for new ones)
- Install modern hardware on the cabinets
- Install a white subway tile backsplash to, again, lighten up the space
- Replace the countertops with a light colored granite. I was thinking white with some gray mixed in but I do love the look of sleek black granite countertops and it will blend nicely with the stovetop. Hmmm...
- Paint. For the 5th time. Since the cabinets and backsplash will be white, I was thinking of going dark again. Maybe navy or another shade of charcoal gray?
I was inspired by these photos and love the navy and white color combination:
[ Image via HGTV ]
[ Image via JK Bergin ]
[ Image via Apartment Therapy ]
What do you think of the navy and white color combination? Have any of you painted your cabinets? Do they chip/scratch over time or did you put a coat of something over the paint to prevent chipping/scratching?