Happy Monday Everyone!
Welcome to the latest series, Moody Monday. Every Monday, I plan on featuring a mood board that anyone can apply towards their own rooms in hopes that some of my ideas will be able to help you complete the unfinished room (or rooms) in your house!
Over the weekend, I purchased the gorgeous four-poster Edland bed from IKEA and I absolutely love it! I had been sleeping like a college student with a mattress on the floor for the past 7 months so this was a nice (and very needed) change!
My new purchase inspired this series so today's Moody Monday is loosely based on my own bedroom (which I'll be revealing very soon):
1. The Mongstad mirror from IKEA is not only gorgeous but it's HUGE and it's only $99! It would make any room feel much larger whether it was hung horizontally or vertically and I love the punch of color the orange version adds to a room.
2. I've had my eye on the Beta Lamp from CB2 for a while now and recently found out it's on sale for $99. I'm a huge fan of the industrial looking shade and tripod base.
3. On my last trip to IKEA, I picked up two of these sleek and affordable Malm dressers that I placed side-to-side across from my bed to create a long 8-drawer dresser. For $99 each the price really can't be beat and everyone can use more storage!
4. To make the dressers look a little more expensive and custom, I added some nice, stainless steel drawer pulls to each drawer. It didn't take very long but it adds a lot of character to a big box store piece.
5. This tufted leather bench would look great at the foot of the bed. The square base mimics the square of the four-poster bed nicely without being too matchy-matchy.
6. These IKEA Ritva curtains come in a variety of colors and have a subtle linen pattern to them. I chose white because I wanted the accessories to pop more than the bed, dressers and window treatments but any color would look nice.
7. This green patterned pillow from Target isn't in stock anymore online but I saw a few of them at my local store the other day. They're reversible and would add some color and a fun pattern to the bed!
8. This velvet, pintuck pillow is gorgeous and is a steal at $32! It'll also add some color to the bed like the green pillow and the tufting in the middle plays off of the tufting on the leather bench.
9. These striped sheets from West Elm have been on my mind for a while. I'm a huge fan of stripes and I like how the stripes on the sheets mimic the stripes created from the handles on the dresser drawers.
10 and 11. These Mademoiselle cover reprints (June '36 and July '36) from Z Gallerie are on my wish list and would look great hanging together above the bed.
12. I love the shape of this end table and would buy two of them to flank each side of the bed. The shape is fun and the organic lines play off of the shape of the cowhide rug.
13. The Edland bed from IKEA ... what can I say? I love it! It's huge and sturdy and adds a lot of drama to my bedroom.
14. This faux cowhide rug used to be in the man cave and then it got moved to the living room and now it's in my bedroom. It's held up surprisingly well considering it was only $80 and I love the graphic touch it adds to our hardwood floors!
Phew, did you make it to the end?! If so, what did you think of this Monday's mood board? What room would you like to see next Monday?