The changes we made aren't groundbreaking and there's still a lot we'd like to do in the future so here's what we're thinking...
- Additional Seating: Like I said yesterday, I'm a sucker for symmetry and I'd love to have two matching chairs flanking our entertainment center. If we can make this happen without crowding the pathway from our foyer to our living room, I'd love to buy a pair of these tufted chairs. The price isn't bad for the size and they look like they'd be incredibly comfortable and large enough to curl up in and read a book or sip a hot cup of tea :)
- New coffee table: Our current coffee table was a Craigslist find that we got for something like $100 2 or 3 years ago but it got a little beat up when we moved and is now sporting a dent/chip on the edge and some extra scratches on the top. It's not a big deal but we'd love to find something a little more rustic/industrial to take its place for a fresh new look. Or maybe we'll just update our current one!
- New sofa/sectional: We'd love to upgrade to a sectional but the only one within our budget right now is the Karlstad sectional from IKEA. It seems like a great couch but we had an IKEA couch before the Room & Board one we have now (we got it off Craigslist 3 years ago) and it basically fell apart after 6 months. Also, without trying to sound like a snob, we feel like we'd be downgrading if we were to buy another IKEA couch since we have such a nice, "designer" one right now. Ugh, that sounds so awful and snotty but you know what I mean, right?
- Sofa table behind couch: We removed our previous end tables out of necessity, since they blocked the walking path between the side of our couch and our console table. We'd like to find (maybe build?) a sofa table to put behind our couch for some added surface space to put things on (like the two speakers that used to sit on the end tables - sigh, men and their surround sound systems).
- One end table: After we removed our end tables, we were left with a large gap on the left side of the sofa:
We don't have this gap issue on the right side (since our console table is there) so we're thinking about adding an end table back on this side (maybe a cool tree stump table?) to help it feel more balanced with the left side but ohhh, my symmetrical senses are screaming "Nooo!" right now haha
- Art: Like all of the rooms in our house, this room needs some A-R-T! I have a lot of pieces waiting to be hung so I'm hoping we can add some soon :)
- Curtains: I love the navy drapes we added to our sliding glass doors and I think I'd like to add some curtains in this room too. The only issue I'm having is wanting them to all match since our entire first floor is an open concept meaning the dining room (where the navy drapes are), living room, and kitchen can all be seen at the same time no matter where you're standing. Unfortunately, the navy drapes I got for the sliding glass doors have been discontinued so I'm kind of stuck on what to do...
- A ceiling fan: I know, I know, ceiling fans are ugly and 9 times out of 10, they're the first thing that gets ripped out of a room but I live in Arizona. It's HOTTT here! And during the summer when it's 100+ degrees on a daily basis for months on end, a ceiling fan is needed to move the air around the house and to help keep my electrical bill lowwwww! There's some nicer options out there but they cost more money than I'm willing to spend so we have a floor fan for now.
I think that's it but our plans are always changing so we'll see what actually happens down the road!
Thoughts? If you could add something to the room, what would it be? Anything you'd change? Also, do you say "drapes" or "curtains"? I use both interchangeably, although I prefer saying curtains :)