I'll be revealing our water closet next Wednesday so we can check that off the list!
Speaking of closets, we've made a lot of progress on our master closet (plans here):
All we have left to do is trim everything out and replace the light fixture! Unfortunately, when we removed our old light, we found this big hole in the ceiling :(
Our new light's canopy is too small to cover it and since neither of us is skilled at patching drywall, we're going to contact an electrician to see how much it would be to move the junction box the center of the room. As you can see, it's next to duct work and is on a track of some sort. I'm not sure if it can be moved but moving it to the left of the vent shown would be ideal!
I've never blogged about our master bathroom before but you caught a glimpse of it when I showed you the picture ledges in our bedroom:
There aren't a ton of things I'd like to do but here's what I'm thinking:
- Make a matching pelmet box to the one in our water closet
- Frame out our giant builder's basic mirror or replace the mirror with two smaller mirrors centered over our sinks
- If we frame out the mirror, we'll replace the light fixture. If we replace the mirror, I'd like to flank the two new mirrors with sconces. I'm envisioning something like this.
- Find a long runner that will coordinate with the rug in our water closet and the rug in our master closet
It's all very do-able just a little out of our budget right now!
I'm pretty sure our master bedroom has been on our to-do list forever haha
I don't know why I keep stalling on finishing it! That's not true, it's because we have this longgggg blank wall (the left one above) that I don't know how to fill. Any art would have to be massive. Shelves aren't an option since we already have shelves on the opposite side of the room (see above). There isn't enough room for a piece of furniture, etc.
I *think* I have an idea on how I can fill it but I'm still on the fence about it. That being said, I don't care if it takes me until 11:59pm on December 31, I will finish our bedroom this year!
You haven't seen our guest bathroom in over a year because...I hate it :(
I love parts of the bathroom separately (like the army green paint) but all of the parts put together remind me of a lodge and it just needs to change. In 2016, I'd like to:
- Re-paint! Maybe do a two-tone look?
- Replace the art
- Hang some towel hooks
- Hang a toilet paper holder
- Find a light fixture!!!
Our powder room is another room you haven't seen in a while and, you guessed it, I'd like to re-do it this year!
It's been 3 years since we finished it and since my tastes have evolved, I think it's just time for a change. I'm probably going to keep the paint color the same but I'd like to:
- Swap the pedestal sink for a vanity with storage
- Replace the mirror
- Replace the art
- Update the shelf styling
These rooms are also on my to-do list:
- Our guest bedroom
- It's 99% done, I just need to swap out the mirror!
- Our loft
- I've made a few changes since the last time you saw it
- Our laundry room
- All we need is a light fixture and a rug and it'll be done!
- Our office
- I'm thinking of re-doing it completely but I don't have a plan for it yet.
Whew! Did you make it to the end?! What would you like to see me work on this year?